Tuesday, May 1, 2007

holding pattern


Yes, I'm in a holding pattern, but I am still moving. It's kind of a "plod". I have to be happy that I can keep it steady, that I can continue to find a little bit of joy in each day, if only from a little pot of pansies, the shy eyes of a little violin student, the delicious smell of freshly popped corn. I do take pride in the movement of everyday, in the fact that I haven't succumbed to the soft warm covers of my bed, I hear them whispering, but I don't listen. I keep moving.
It truly helps that the weather allows for outside air, and scenes of Spring. Cardinals show me there is hope, bluebirds span out their wings to show brilliance, and the songs I hear all around in the trees tell me there is joy to be found.
I keep hearing songs, but haven't written them down. I see pictures, but haven't painted. But everything I hear and see is inspiring me in new ways, and I feel myself moving into action. It's good. Good to be alive. Good to be healthy. Good to be able.
Driving by a little white church the other day, I noticed the message board. It said, "To get rich quick, count your blessings."
Word.




1 comment:

R. Gremmert said...

Dawn Juan de Fuca - you are beautiful and I love this and you. What a great idea. I am inspired although I am not sure about the time....
Rosie